Seahorse Bioscience Travel Awards
Seahorse Bioscience offers Travel Awards to graduate students, post-docs, and young investigators*
To support the exploration of cellular bioenergetics, Seahorse Bioscience offers travel awards to graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, and young investigators who present a talk or poster citing data generated on the XF platform** at scientific meetings and conferences. Through this program, Seahorse Bioscience seeks to increase the body of knowledge that is enabling new discoveries about the role of bioenergetics in pathophysiology.
*Young investigators who received a doctoral degree in 2003 or later, and do not have an independent NIH or similar research grant.
** Presentation or poster must include data generated on an XF Analyzer.
- $500 Poster Travel Award
Recipients will be selected based upon outstanding scientific research citing Seahorse Bioscience XF data in a poster. (An additional $250 will be awarded for posters that include the XF Stress Test profile in your XF data graph(s).)
- $700 Oral Podium Presentation Travel Award
Recipients will be selected based upon outstanding scientific research citing Seahorse Bioscience XF data in a podium presentation. (An additional $250 will be awarded for presentations that include the XF Stress Test profile in your XF data graph(s).)
- Submit an application via the form below.
- Submit/email a copy of your presentation or poster at least 30 days in advance of your meeting to Naomi Goumillout, and copy David Ferrick, PhD, CSO and Cynthia Egan.
- Research papers or posters must have been accepted by the meeting organizers for presentation prior to submission to Seahorse Bioscience.
- Seahorse Bioscience scientific panel will examine all applications for scientific merit and award eligibility.
- Award recipients will be notified of their award at least 10 days prior to their presentation date. Funds will be provided directly to the recipient following the announcement of the award and receipt of all required information.
- Recipients and their Papers or Posters will be cited on the Seahorse Bioscience website.
- Posters and presentations must be available to post on the Seahorse Bioscience website immediately after the conference, and not embargoed.
- Limit 1 Seahorse Travel Award per person in any calendar year.
- Limit 3 Seahorse Travel Awards per department/division/laboratory in any calendar year.
- XF data will be assessed for its relevance to the findings of the study.
- XF data must be original to the award application, and not used in previous applications.
If you experience any difficulty with this form, please email webmaster.
- Technical Support
- Software Downloads
- Travel Awards
- Grant Expeditor Package
- Instrument Rental Option
- Service Agreements
- XF Users' Meeting
Next Seahorse Webinar
Christian Frezza, PhD,
Hutchison/MRC Research Centre, Cambridge, UK
May 29, 2013
Advanced XF Training
Understanding When and How to Use Intact Cells and Isolated Mitochondria in Investigating Bioenergetics
XFe Extracellular Flux Analyzers
The world's most advanced cell metabolism analyzer.Learn More